‘It was an extremely stressful time’: Mother of two who died from heart condition at Alorica hospital says her son was ‘absolutely devastated’

Mother of a man who died after contracting a heart condition in Alorico, Ont., has spoken out after learning of the family’s tragic loss.

Alistair McCreary, 47, died on July 8 after falling from a second-floor balcony of the hospital in Almora, Ont.

He was 32.

His mother, Mary, told CBC News that her son “had a lot of friends and family in Alcorico and that’s where he was.”

Mary McCreery told CBC news her son had “a lot of fun” in Alborica.

Alcorica’s chief medical officer, Dr. Marc Cederstrom, said the death was a “complex medical event” that involved the death of a patient who was not being observed by other staff members.

“It’s extremely stressful to know that this is going to be the outcome that we’re going to have to deal with,” said Cederstroem.

“The fact that we don’t have the information to deal effectively with this, we’re very fortunate that we have an organization like the provincial coroner that is very proactive in our knowledge.”

Alcoricon’s chief operating officer, Brian McAllister, said in a statement to CBC News the death had been investigated by the Ontario coroner’s office and he was awaiting the results.

“At this point, there are no further details available,” he said.

McCrearies funeral will be held on Sunday in his honour.

He is survived by his wife, a daughter, a son and a niece.

His death came as Ontario has experienced a spike in coronavirus infections, the province’s chief health officer said on Tuesday.

Ontario’s coronaviral infection rate has risen from 5.4 per 100,000 people in 2016 to 7.1 per 100 000 people in 2017, according to data from Statistics Canada.

The province’s highest case count is for patients who have tested positive for the virus.

“We have had the highest number of people who have died from coronaviruses in Canada in the last several weeks,” said Dr. Mark Furey, chief of the Ontario public health unit.

“This is an increase of 1,000 per cent from the peak of this season.”

McCreies death has brought attention to the epidemic and raised questions about how the coronavirochymosis pandemic was being handled.

The Ontario Human Resources and Skills Development Ministry said on Monday that the ministry was working with health officials to determine how to respond to the family.

“Our thoughts are with Alcoricans family and friends during this very difficult time,” said spokesperson Kelly Clark.

“Alcorican was a wonderful man who was loved and cared for by everyone.”

McCresary had previously been diagnosed with pulmonary fibrosis and lung cancer.

He lived in Canada and worked as a janitor.

In an interview with CBC News in April, McCreys wife, Mary McCrea, told the news outlet that her husband was “absolutely devastated.”

“We all had a very strong relationship, we were close friends, we spent a lot time together, we shared a lot,” she said.

“And then he passed away from this.”

The hospital where McCrey was diagnosed had not responded to requests for comment.

Mary McCrebys daughter said the family was “heartbroken and we are so thankful for all the support” from the public.